A unique opportunity is now available to purchase a Construction & Industrial Safety business located in the GTA area. This established business has an excellent and diverse client base, with projects mostly in the construction industry and locations mainly in GTA and Southern Ontario (and ready to expand).
This full-service safety firm has three core divisions – Safety Management (including consulting, providing site safety personnel, site inspections & reporting, written safety policies & procedures, etc), Safety Training and Confined Space Rescue Teams. Each niche area has great potential for growth.
- Strong and diverse customer base including large construction, industrial, engineering, management, automotive firms as well as municipal and provincial government agencies.
- Niche, growing service industry with significant opportunity to expand.
- Geographically – opportunity to grow outside Ontario.
- Technologically – currently offers online training and opportunity exists to expand / grow with technology.
- Industry Platforms – room to grow in all industries (construction, industrial, manufacturing) and opportunity to grow into new industries (ie; healthcare, long term care etc.).
- Excellent reputation, 12 years in business.
- Highly qualified support staff of 26.
- Owner designed, custom safety management system in place ensuring efficient, cost effective workflow and client support databases (additional software systems ready to implement to provide further unique services for clients).
- Business operates from a rented facility in a prime GTA location which is owned by the owner holdco. & a favourable lease will be negotiated.
- The company has a long history of profitable sales revenue including 2021, demonstrating its resilience. Gross margins are strong and minimal overheads, provide for strong, consistent EBITDA generation.
- Owners are looking to retire and are prepared to provide transition and part-time safety consulting support as necessary.
COVID impact: Sales reduced during 2020/21 as the owners took the opportunity to slow down, despite the many health & safety opportunities materializing from the COVID-19 response.